Cat Products > New Kitten Shopping List
Note: Not all Tail Blazers carry the same products, please contact your local Tail Blazers for availability. Some stores may carry brands that are not listed below.
- HEALTHY FOOD – The most important decision you’ll make for your kitten! Whether you choose raw, kibble, canned, or a variety of them all – variety is key at this stage to help build a healthy immune system and strong digestion! Always choose natural, high quality foods!
- MULTI-VITAMIN AND ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS – When accompanied with a healthy diet, a daily multi-vitamin can be beneficial to prevent disease and increase life span. EFAs are great for skin and coat health.
- CAT SHAMPOO – “Earthbath’s” cat shampoo is gentle and smells great!
- EAR CLEANSER OR WIPES – An ear cleaner with natural antibacterial properties is ideal for ear health. Try “Earthbath’s” Ear Wipes.
- BRUSH AND NAIL CLIPPERS
- SOFTPAWS NAIL CAPS – These vinyl nail caps can be glued onto your cat’s nails to prevent destructive scratching.
- DENTAL HYGEINE PRODUCTS – There are several natural liquids and gels on the market that help combat plaque and tartar like “Petzlife”, “LebaIII”, and “Vet’s Best Dental Gel”. Don’t forget the toothbrush and a natural toothpaste.
- INTERACTIVE/TREAT DISPENSING TOYS – Try a cat wand to entice your kitten to chase you, or the “Slimcat” treat dispensing ball.
- CATNIP/HONEYSUCK TOYS/TREATS – Try “Yeowww!” Catnip cigars or bananas!
- STAIN REMOVER – “Nature’s Miracle for cats” works fantastic for removing stains and odours and helps prevent your cat from going in the same place twice.
- CHEW DETERRENT – Vet’s Best “Bitter Cherry” spray tastes bad and can be used on many inappropriate chewing surfaces.
- NATURAL CAT LITTER – Be environmentally friendly and try one of our scoopable, flushable, and biodegradable litters such as "World’s Best" (corn), or “Feline Fresh” (pine).
- LITTER BOX AND SCOOP – Some cats are ok with covered boxes, and some cats are not. Choose a scoop made for clumping litters.
- COLLAR, HARNESS, AND LEASH – Try “RC" collars, leashes, and harnesses – you can walk your cat outdoors just like a dog!
- TRAINING TREATS – Soft and aromatic treats work best for training. Cats LOVE “Purebites” treats!
- CAT LICENSE/NAME TAG – City license and name tags like “Red Dingo” will help get your kitten home should he go missing.
- SNUGGLY BED – A warm place to sleep to call his own! “Westpaw Designs" has all kinds of ECO friendly beds made out of recycled pop bottles!
- FOOD AND WATER BOWLS – Stainless Steel bowls are easiest to keep clean.
- SCRATCHING POST – Find a tall, sturdy, rough post for your cat to scratch on to prevent inappropriate scratching.